Video Games


Best video game of games I've played: Final Fantasy VII (1997)
(I haven't played the remake, but I assume it's better than the first.)

Best video game soundtrack: Final Fantasy VII (1997)

Best platformer video games I've played: 
Crash Bandicoot (1996)
Crash Bandicoot: Cortex Strikes Back (1997)
Crash Bandicoot: Warped (1998)
Crash Bandicoot: Twinsanity (2005)

Worst Crash Bandicoot game I've played:
Mind over Mutant (2008)

Platformer video games require the character to be quite fast, agile, and good at jumping rather than bad at jumping.

LittleBigPlanet (2008) and Cuphead (2017) are both visually appealing games.  However, the main character in both games run quite slowly.  Strange platformer games have the character moving quite slowly and then sometimes also sliding upon landing (or even when just standing) or running in one spot like a big marshmallow on ice.  The lack of precision curtails more complex platform sequences that require higher agility.

Crash Bandicoot: Twinsanity (2005) is my preference for character speed and agility for a platformer game.

I love the double jump feature of Crash BandicootMugman: Free Leap has the Cuphead character running at a good pace and using the double jump feature.  I would say Cuphead (2017) is much more fun than LittleBigPlanet (2008).  It could have used more of the run-and-gun levels and would be even better with character movements more like Mugman: Free Leap.



20Jan2021: It's not the low quality graphics that made classic DOS games fun.  It's quite strange for modern games to look like DOS games.

25Jan2021: I would play sequels of:
Cuphead (2017)
Gris (2018)
Pikuniku (2020)
Hollow Knight (2017)

It feels like Hollow Knight needs more items available for purchase in the game.


5Feb2021:
(L1:) I get motion sickness quite easily.  If I ride the teacups, I'll be out of commission for half the day.  If I spin in one spot and fall on the grass like children do, I'll be out of commission for a few hours.  I can't take flights without Gravol.

Forza Horizon 4 (2018) allows toggling between seeing oneself and seeing through the eyes of the character

I've stopped playing in the middle of games like some of the Resident Evil games as a result of motion sickness from only being able to see through the eyes of the character rather than being able to see the character.  I will avoid many games that don't at least allow an option to see the character.  It's something that influences my game-purchasing habits.
 



24Jun2021:

Best platformer PC game I've played:
SkyRoads (1993, DOS)

Enjoyable DOS games:
Hocus Pocus
Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure
Commander Keen
Monster Bash
Secret Agent
Crystal Caves
Jazz Jackrabbit

My older sister's favourites:
Tetris
Minesweeper
Clyde's Adventure (1992)

Comments

Popular Posts